Register for commencement by ordering a commencement pass on MyFIU. All graduates need a commencement pass to enter the Ocean Bank Convocation Center and all guests need a ticket, regardless of age, to attend commencement. All passes and tickets are scanned when entering the convocation center. Commencement pass registration and ticket ordering is on a first-come, first-served basis, so order yours as soon as possible.
Ticketing Information: Tickets for Commencement events are for personal use only. The buying or selling of tickets in excess of the face value price is prohibited. Tickets are nonrefundable. FIU Commencement is not responsible for lost guest tickets. Replacement tickets can be printed online through my.fiu.edu; the student online system where the order was originally placed.
To our Spring 2020 graduates,
We feel your sadness in having to postpone commencement and create different opportunities for our seniors.
We empathize in you not being able to walk this spring to celebrate your academic achievement with your family and friends.
We would like to clarify why we are switching to a virtual commencement:
We will have a virtual commencement this spring for those students who will not be able to walk across stage in summer or fall commencements, due to having to return home to their state/country of origin, or starting a new job that doesn’t allow them to come attend in person or starting a graduate program in another state or country.
We are also creating additional commencements in the summer or fall semesters, for those spring graduates to feel that they have had the opportunity to graduate with their fellow seniors/cohorts, etc. Please note, these ceremonies would be individual ceremonies for spring seniors, not just adding graduates into the summer commencements planned. You would still be given your moment, along with your fellow classmates to share and celebrate this experience.
We understand that not all students can attend in-person ceremonies but still want a picture with the president, after it is safe to return to the University and the pandemic has subsided, the President will make himself available to have a photo opportunity with the graduates taken in regalia to commemorate the occasion.
We will also be issuing refunds to all graduates that had already purchased commencement tickets. We are working out the details on how to process refunds of all 16,000 tickets purchased.
We are working with Herff Jones and they have established an online store for those who would like to purchase regalia and/or class ring. This option is available for all FIU students who still wish to order their grad gear. Please note, due to COVID-19, the State of Illinois ordered all non-essential businesses to close through April 7, 2020 and unfortunately, this affects their cap and gown manufacturing plants. Their plants plan to resume operations on Wednesday, April 8, 2020. Any orders placed, will be shipped after April 8, 2020.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.
For Doctoral (Ph.D./Ed.D) Candidates Only
Please contact the University Graduate School (UGS) to confirm attendance at commencement, and receive pass and tickets. Refer to the UGS website for further details.
For DNP (Anesthetist Program) Candidates Only
Please contact Mairelys De La Guardia for more information.
For DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) Candidates Only
Please contact Sussan Valqui to schedule your pick-up date and time.
For DPT (Doctorate of Physical Therapy) Candidates Only
Please contact Ann Tackoor to schedule your pick-up date and time.
This is a unique pass that contains your information so that your name will be displayed as you walk across stage on commencement day. You must keep your pass in hand during the ceremony from when you enter the convocation center to when you walk up onstage. Keep your pass in a safe place to ensure it won't get lost or damaged.
Please note for ALL Ceremonies, graduates receive 2 complimentary guest tickets, and can purchase up to an additional 3 tickets at $7 each for a total of 5 tickets per graduate. This is due to increase of graduate participation.
As you order your tickets, keep in mind:
- Ticket quantities are limited, and are on a first-come, first-served basis
- Tickets are NOT guaranteed due to venue capacity restrictions and increased graduate participation
- A single ticket may only be used by 1 guest, regardless of age
- Tickets are non-transferable
- Children of any age, including infants, must have their own ticket (as required per fire code regulation)
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Lost tickets can be replaced by reprinting them from MyFIU
The Online Registration Period to order guest tickets for the Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremonies will be open from Tuesday, March 10 to Wednesday, March 25.
- Log into MyFIU
- On the Student Homepage of MyFIU, click on Academic Records.
- Next, in the left nav, select Order Commencement Tickets
- Select your major/degree
- Confirm that you will attend your commencement ceremony
- Select your preferred campus (MMC, BBC or I-75) to attend Commencement Fair and pick up your pass. Please note you do not need to contact us if you need to change the location after you have made your decision
- Continue following the on-screen prompts
- Pay for any additional tickets with a debit or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover)
- On your registration/order confirmation page click Print to download your electronic guest tickets
- Print your tickets later or reprint a lost/damaged ticket by following the same instructions above and clicking Print Commencement Tickets instead of Order Commencement Tickets (tickets will be accessible until the day of the ceremony)
- Email the ticket as a PDF to your guests if you can't give them their printed ticket in person
Pick Up Your Pass
For Bachelor's, Master's and Specialist Candidates Only
Pick up your pass at your selected Commencement Fair. You must bring a photo ID (driver’s license, FIU OneCard, etc.) to collect it. If you cannot pick up your pass in person, someone else may pick it up for you. This person must provide a letter of authorization from you, a copy of your Panther ID, as well as their own photo ID.