The Commencement Caravan will take place on Tuesday, March 30th and Wednesday, March 31st from 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. The Caravan will take place between the Blue and Gold garages. During the caravan portion, you will get the opportunity to get out of your car once instructed to do so, walk across a mini-stage, and get a congratulatory diploma from Roary. You will also have the opportunity to take a physically distant photo with President Rosenberg and Roary. Please note, this is the only event where you will have a photo opportunity with the President. Registration is NOT required for this event.
The Commencement Fair will take place in Lot 3 where you will have the opportunity to purchase your cap & gown, class ring, and other memorabilia. Make sure to decorate your vehicles and show your Panther Pride! There will be prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the car decorating competition! It is extremely important that you keep your mask on at all times and follow the directions of all the staff members at the event. The only time you’ll be able to remove your mask is if you’re taking the complimentary portrait photo in the GradImages booth at the Commencement Fair.
While regalia is not required for the caravan, we highly encourage it.
During the caravan portion, you will get the opportunity to get out of your car once by the stage, to then take your grad walk across the stage, and get a congratulatory diploma from Roary while taking a socially distant photo, and being cheered on by President Rosenberg.
There will also be prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of the car decorating competition! Make sure to decorate your vehicles and show your Panther Pride! The winners will be announced on social media a few days after the event.
Below are important instructions for the event. We ask that you please read through it carefully.
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- ONLY THE GRADUATE WILL BE ALLOWED OUT OF THE CAR, and only to walk across the stage
- In order to walk across the stage for photo-op with Roary, you must have a designated driver
- No unattended vehicles will be permitted
- Please make sure to follow the signage on stage
- The President will not be taking pictures with the Graduates. He will be on stage to show support and cheer you on from a safe distance.
- Roary will give you a congratulatory diploma on stage for the socially distant photo-op
- You will receive a gift bag when exiting the stage
- Photographer will be on site to take your photo on stage with Roary
- The photo will be made available for you to download approximately 48-72 hours after the event
- You may have a family member film you walking across the stage from the vehicle
- Regalia is not required, but strongly encouraged for the photo/video to be featured in the virtual ceremony. IF you buy:
- You must purchase your own prior to participating in the caravan
- You must purchase certified FIU regalia from Barnes & Noble/Herff Jones only
- You can purchase regalia at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore (recommended)
- Or at the Commencement Fair which will happen in conjunction with the caravan
- Commencement Fair will include Barnes & Noble, Herff Jones, GradImages, and Alumni Association.
- Barnes & Noble – Purchase regalia, grad gear, and other FIU memorabilia
- Herff Jones – Purchase Class Ring
- GradImages – Take a free graduation portrait
- Please note, you must purchase regalia in order to take the free portrait
- Alumni Association – Find out how you can stay connected with FIU as alumni
- Show your excitement and panther pride by decorating your car!
- First Place Winner – Herff Jones Class Ring
- Second Place Winner – Diploma Frame
- Third Place Winner – Rep FIU Box
Photos that can be used as examples for decorating car contest:
We look forward to celebrating you on this special day!
The Commencement Team